Welcome to SAAG, Inc Official Web Site
The Servant Leader Mr. William “Bill” Clark
On May 22, 2015 the Mobile County Training School Alumni family and the world lost a renaissance Whippet, Mr. William Bill Clark. Coach Clark, as I fondly called him, represented the best of the five wells. The wells being: well dressed, well spoken, well traveled, well read, and well balanced. He was a man that always took the high grounds regardless of the issue because he was keenly aware that he was a leader. His leadership style was one of diplomacy and grace. He worked constantly and tirelessly to help his people. He touched the lives of so many people in his lifetime.
Unfortunately, like so many great leaders he will not see the fruits of his efforts realized. He will not be here to help shape and mold that future he had worked so hard to achieve. He knew that the future was upon us and he so desperately tried to prepare us for its arrival. That future in truly upon us and we must look to others that can move Coach Clark’s vision of equity and healthy communities a reality. We must look for persons with as many of the wells as possible to help lead this effort.
Therefore, a cadre of William “Bill” Clark’s friends and supports with strong encouragement from Mrs. Hattie G. Clark committed to establish the William “Bill” Clark Legacy Group Fund. Our mission is to bring together, in the spirit of Bill Clark, a comprehensive community partnership that will continue his works in a tangible way. We know this can be accomplished with the help of all of Coach Clark’s friends and supporters, through creating an endowment fund and careful management of its assets for sustainable programs for generations.
Our initial goal is to raise $100,000 by November 2015 by hosting the William “Bill” Clark fundraising luncheon on Tuesday, 11-24-2014. These funds will be managed by the Community Foundation of South Alabama in Mobile.
What made Bill Clark a great leader and more important a great person, he possessed the following assets:
- Excellence - one that strive to improve and sharpen their skills.
- Commitment - a pledge to abide by organization’s mission, vision and values and advance the good of all.
- Accountability - Good stewardship of the public’s trust and the public funds.
- Transparency - openness and honesty in all aspects of operations.
- Collaboration - participatory relationships, both internal and external.
- Teamwork - the sharing of information and active collaboration to solve problems, make decisions, and achieve common goals.
- Innovation - new approaches and progressive solutions to problems,. Embracing change and accepting reasonable risk.
- Science - The application of the best available research, data and analysis leading to improve outcomes.
- Customer Service - outstanding and equitable treatment of customers and clients, both internal and external, by listening, understanding and responding to needs.
- People - Value all people with respect and integrity.
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
Let’s do it for William “Bill” Clark, for our children and for ourselves. Let’s do it now.
Proudly supports the
First Tee of NorthWest Florida
Become a First Tee Booster
Emerald Booster Club